Sadly, many workers who have sacrificed their health for the sake of their jobs end up ignoring their rights or failing to take prompt action to preserve their claims. Timely legal counsel can ensure that your rights are protected.
At the Connecticut law firm of D’Agosto and Howe, LLC, our Waterbury workers’ comp lawyers can assist you with every aspect of the process, including denied claims and appeals. We represent factory workers, wait staff, truck drivers, receptionists, nurses and employees from all other industries. We can help you with:
- Workplace injuries: From back injuries and repetitive trauma injuries to traumatic brain injuries and occupational diseases, we are here to make sure you receive the benefits you deserve.
- Total disability: Temporary total disability benefits are generally paid right after the accident, when the employee is incapable of performing any type of work.
- Partial disability: While you may be able to perform some duties, your limited abilities may qualify you for permanent partial or temporary partial disability benefits.
- Medical benefits: You have the right to choose your doctor, regardless of what the insurance adjuster tells you.
- Dependents benefits: If you are the spouse or child of an employee killed in a workplace accident, you may be eligible for certain benefits.
- Third-party claims: Our law firm represents individuals harmed by the negligence of third parties, such as employees of other companies. In such cases, you may be eligible for personal injury compensation.
- Municipal and union employees: We assist with the coordination of special benefits, such as disability pension plans, that are often available under union contracts.
- Mileage reimbursement: Did you know that you may have the right to be reimbursed for your travel expenses to and from medical appointments? Sometimes this adds up to a significant amount.
- Time lost for medical care: Your employer may be responsible for reimbursing you for the time you must take to attend medical appointments.
- Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs): Our attorneys are experienced with MSAs and Social Security Disability claims.
- Job loss or discrimination: In Connecticut, it is illegal for an employer to discriminate against or fire an employee simply because he or she files a workers’ compensation claim.
- Valuing your case: Determining the true value of a case is not simple. It involves far more than plugging numbers into a formula. The assistance of a skilled attorney is vital to making sure you get the settlement you deserve.
Free Consultation With A Bridgeport Work Accident Lawyer
To schedule a free initial consultation about your workers’ compensation case, simply call D’Agosto & Howe, LLC, at 203-538-9026 or toll free at 800-749-8616. You may also contact us online. Our courteous staff responds to all calls and emails promptly.